Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Double Standards

That's what Phyllis told me this morning. Why is it men and women have different standards? Now I'm meaning this in the sense that with dad's, they have different set standards like it's OK for a guy to stay at another guys house but for a girl the dad wants to meet the guy and his parents.

This is what Phyllis told me this morning, the whole conversation came about because I said that next time I hang out with him I'll just crash in their guest room. He lives at home too. I mean seriously? I had to hold my tongue about staying over at Dustin's and Justin's places, not sure how she would have taken that news LOL. Ah, frustration. I mean seriously. He has to meet RJ and his parents? I mean really? I'm 19-freaking-years-old!

Last night I went over to RJ's house to watch movies and to see his Xmas tree in person ha ha. I have to admit that his tree looks pretty amazing!! He picked me up just after 4 and we didn't start watching the 1st movie until almost 7. We were in the kitchen talking to him mum and dad, they are pretty cool people and RJ told me that they both really liked me :) I brought over Pineapple Express and i also picked The Hangover which he had. The Hangover was super funny!! Though I remember RJ saying that because i picked the movies tonight he gets to pick the movies next time, and I have a feeling I may not like his choice. Thinking it may be a scary movie. I didn't get home until almost 3am LOL, was just having to much fun talking and making his answer his phone whenever it rang. His friends were drunk I'm guessing and kept calling him, they didn't know he had someone over (i.e. me) and I made sure to be quiet. It was very entertaining, for me anyway. I also found out he is very ticklish, I mean very! So we were kind of having a tickle war.

I spent the morning and mid-afternoon with Kelsey and her friend Micaela helping Kelsey clean for her Kurmomas party. It's like cosplay or whatever. They dress up like comic book people or something ha ha. It was interesting to say the least.

Sunday I went and saw It's Complicated with Phyllis and Susan and LOL it was hilarious!! Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin were too good together although the scenes where Alec Baldwin is shirtless is ewwwww. But overall the movie was very funny and i recommend seeing it.

Also i did see Avatar on Wednesday last week and OhMyFreakingGosh it was amazing!! I loved it! It was epic! It is a must see :) Let me know if you have seen it already along with It's Complicated, I'd love to know what your thoughts are.

Yesterday I received an email telling me that I was one of the lucky 20 winners to win a book. It was run by the same website where I also won 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater which was an amazing book btw. The book is called 'Malice' and it's by Chris Wooding, I can't say that I am excited to start reading it just because the cover art is a bit odd. I only entered because it was an easy competition and Twilight related :)

I realized today that I have to text Katy about New Years ha ha. I have no idea what the plan is, or if I'm still involved in it. I have a back up plan though, I could spend it with Kelsey which will still be fun but without the drinking. Dad told me yesterday that I have to start looking for and applying for jobs, problem is I've never had to look for a job and no idea how to even begin to start looking. He didn't offer to help me either, he knows I've never worked. I would have loved to have had a job in NZ but I was illegal so yeah... Anyway I'm sure I will figure all this out - fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment