Friday, December 25, 2009

Just Another Family Gathering

Got home about an hour ago from Ed and Rosalie's Christmas dinner which was fun until after dinner haha.

Here's the story:

Ed told me to grab a cup and he'd get me a drink, i was thinking he'd hand me a soda, he pulled out a bottle of white wine!! to say i was shocked was an understatement. So yeah, i got to have my wine on Christmas :)
Anyway it goes downhill after dinner. I take my plate into the kitchen with my glass for a refill (#3) and Phyllis tells me "What are you doing drinking? You know that your driving!".. I was floored. My eyes popped open and my mouth was an 'O'.
Phyllis then said "Didn't your dad tell you you were driving??"
"Uhmm NO!" I had to idea this was happening! She then yelled for dad, "Steve, Sam's drinking." And he looked at me like 'WHAT?' I left the kitchen after that. With my cup full i might add!
Told Grandma and she put my mind at ease saying that she would drive if they expected me to drive the van home.
Now, if i was by myself and had only drunk the amount i did, i would drive. If i had to! Absolutely had too. But i would have had my dad, Phyllis, and my brothers in the van. I did not want to drive with any alcohol in my body, no matter the amount! And for another thing, i had never driven the van before! So yeah, that was exciting. NOT.

Oh and then when we got home Phyllis asked to talk to me outside and i thought it would be about the drinking. No, it was about the fact that i was the main focus for gossip tonight. Ha-ha yup. I got up to get something from my grandma and i had the recliner which Jason immediately stole from me. I asked him nicely, then told him to get up! Threatened to sit on him, but ended up sharing the seat with my arm around his neck. Yeah, they apparently found it strange. I texted Jas straight away and asked if i had made him feel uncomfortable, he knew what i was talking about straight away, he said i didn't. Phew.

Oh and just so you know, I didn't drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment