Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday 19th May, 2009

7:30am- Feels to early to wake up! Ugh, i could have, should have, sleep for another hour but i didn't want to waste time laying in bed :-) I mean i wasn't goiong anywhere for awhile, but when your on a trip it doesnt matter where - you can never stay asleep for long. Well i know i can't.

8am- Try not to laugh at me, but i was having soo much trouble trying to work out how to use the coffee-maker! I've never used one before! I had no clue where i was supposed to put water, i mean i knew i needed water in it! I gave up and went over to have breakfast in my grandparents room, i also got grandpa to show me how to use the coffee-maker. Im not a big coffee drinker, but i felt like i needed the caffine to survive a day with my grandma. I was right.

10am- Grandma had decided that we would drive out and around Red Rock Canyon. It's pretty but not a must see. Trust me on that! Wasn't that long a drive out there, 30-40 minutes i'd guess at. I had my ipod on at that stage. I liked the first part of the drive, but after that it was rather boring.

1pm- Lunchtime! I was starving at that stage! Had lunch at Applebees. While we ate grandma asked if i wanted to go back to the hotel and relax or see more of Vegas. I choose the relaxing part! I needed a break from her, I know you are probably thinking i am mean and everything- but even my cousin Jen agrees with me!

5pm- After a nice relaxing afternoon we were supposed to leave but me and grandpa got caught up in an episode of Charmed :-) We ended up leaving at 6pm instead. We caught the Deuce (double decker bus- its covered. i was disapointed!) outside Planet Hollywood and were on that till we got to Venice! Now Venice was totally breathtakingly gorgeous! Too me anyway. Obviously doesn't compare to the real thing. We walked around there for awhile before catching the Deuce downtown to Freemont Street to watch the Freemont Street light dispaly!

8pm- The show was late but only because it wasn't dark enough, it started at 8:30 instead. We managed to catch that one and the 10pm one. The first one wasn't amazing, it was cool but not "wow!". We had dinner at Tony Romas in between the two shows. I was glad we stuck around cos the 2nd one was SOOO much better! How could it not be when it was done to Queen?! By the time that was over alot of people had the same idea as we did to leave, ugh, the line for the bus was HUGE! Luckily 2 buses came at the same time.

11pm- Finally got to my room, but was way to wired to sleep! I watched what i could of the water show at the Bellagio then decided at 1am i really, really, needed to get some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, no way I had dinner at Tony Roma's too, while waiting for the light show!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha seriously?! Thats too funny! The light show done to Queen was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete