Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Boxing Day

I know, Americans don't celebrate it. I also know that it was celebrated yesterday in NZ. But, to me Dec 26 is always gonna be considered Boxing day. The day that everybody deems in necessary to go out into the mayhem to find those so-called bargains. I am very grateful that I was lucky enough to get the day off!

Although,

I will have to deal with it all tomorrow night when I close as a cashier :(

Anyway,
How was your Christmas? (If anybody actually reads this dribble)
I hope Santa bought what was on your wish list!
I know I got what was on mine! I got to talk to mum and dad Christmas eve (their Xmas day). My best friend surprised me by getting this AMAZINGLY gorgeous handbag. My Grandma and Grandpa gave me $100, this cute little zen candle/rock thing, and some pans/cutlery etc for when I move out. Phyllis (and maybe dad? but I doubt) got me some new pj's, this cute Xmas mug with lots of tea, and "a walk to remember" and Dear John".

Got a pretty sweet pre-Christmas paycheck! $231 for 38hrs. Haha. I wish I wasn't still on minimum wage but hey, I am only part time. Last week I logged over 42hrs. Wish means overtime for me! I plan on using last weeks pay to buy myself a new phone tomorrow (hopefully). Upgrade mine because my 2yr contract is up! I dunno if i'll be able to get off dads plan or it would be wise for me to stay on it. It depends if I can or not. Hopefully i'll have my best friend with me.

My step-mum told me last night that her and dad are headed towards a divorce. It's sad, but they definitely do not make each other happy right now. I don't think either one will move out but I do know that if I wasn't here then one would be in this room. My youngest brother has been picking up on vibes from both of them and is acting out, doing bad things, saying cuss words, not listening. My oldest younger brother, I am unsure if he has picked up on anything. That kid can be pretty oblivious to everything. I am sure he may know something has changed between them.

Talking with mum has definitely caused me to think about a lot more options I hadn't actually considered before. She told me that her and dad will start the process of getting me NZ citizenship. Something I have wanted for a very long time! She suggested I think about coming home after I get my associates and completing my education at one of the Universities there. I am unsure if I previously mentioned that I am going to major in Tourism (and Travel). She doesn't want me to become stressed out with working and school. Having to worry about rent etc. I know to move out I will need a 2nd job.
Talking to Katy has helped me decide that maybe doing a semester at ASU will be more beneficial to me, even if I then decide to go back home to finish my degree. It will require a lot more thinking before I make a decision. It is always a life-changing one. I have come to the decision that I am most likely going to postpone ASU until Spring 2012. That way after I graduate from PVCC, I can focus on working 2 jobs (hopefully) and saving my money. That way I won't be stressing myself out with worrying about rent and school. So if I go back to NZ, it won't be until summer 2012. I need to experience living on my own and being an "adult"
Dad and Phyllis are letting me live here until summer which is when me and Katy plan on moving out.

Next semester will, fingers crossed, be my last semester at PVCC. I am only taking 2 classes. Math 142 (college level) and the next level in Ideas and Values in Humanities from the one I was just in. I had to pay for that class because I do not need it for my Associates degree which is also why I am only taking 2 classes and not 4. Only taking 2 classes also means that I may be able to get a part-time job to help save money for when i move out.

On to other topics.......

I dunno if I previously mentioned before but....We got a puppy a week before Thanksgiving!
His name is Smokey, and he is a chocolate Lab/bay Chesapeake retriever. We found out he's around 5months old now. He is adorable and has such a personality! Cody and him get on so well! Like brothers! The picture was taken not long after we got him, so he has grown a lot. He makes me miss my Jason :( and my Murphy.

Knowing me, I feel like I have missed things. But I am , as ever, to lazy to go back through old blogposts.

BUT,

I have an Alex update. We officially nothing. Haha. I text him and kinda was like "I dunno what has changed and I just needa know whats up"..He told me hes been busy with school (which he isn't in until next year) and thinks it's best if we are just friends. Least I know for a fact whats up and can move past him. Oh yeah, he came into work last week with some "whore" - Mona's words not mine. Sara told me he told her that he is her "future baby mama" and they have been seeing each other for over a month. Yeah. He is such a player and jerk. A loser and all of those non-ladylike words that we all use to describe someone like him. I'm lucky he didn't get any part of my body :)

So I will be ringing in the new year solo but hopefully with my best friend. I dunno what I will be doing that night (except working until 6:30)

Love to all xox

No comments:

Post a Comment