We are driving home right now, I'm sitting in the back of the van writing this on my iPod touch. I plan on adding pics in when I get to my laptop.
As the title suggests I was in Cali!! I took a week off work to be able to go on this family vacation! It had definitely been an experience that's for sure.
We left around roughly 8am Sunday morning, took around 6hrs to get to Huntington beach. I was beyond happy to see the ocean again! It's been roughly 2yrs since I last saw it. I even collected a jar of sand!
On Monday we went to Knotsberry Farm amusement park!!! And OMG it was fucking awesome!!!! The rides were pretty much amazing. I rode most of then save a few and I haven't been on a coaster in, oh say, 8-10 years! The first ride I went on was the Ghost ride, it was this old wooden roller-coaster and scared the hell out of me! It was jerky and bumpy. I got off with a headache.
I then got in line for the X-hilerator with dad, nick, and Jake. Nick and I chose the left lane while dad and Jake went in the right lane which was for the front car. Needless to say we made the right choice and actually got to ride it while dad and Jake gave up when they were having some "issues" on the ride. That freaked me out and I almost gave up. The speed at which it shoots you out at and the height of the track is beyond terrifying BUT I did it, not once but twice!!! It is my fave ride.
Jakes favourite ride was called Wipeout. It looked like a UFO and spun around at all angles. Phyllis described it as like the Hurricane but I don't know that ride.
I woke up this morning aching all over! A bruise on my knee from one of the coasters but dunno which. A little sunburned but all of it was so worth it!
We went to soak city today but I didn't do any of the slides. I just laid out on a chair with Phyllis and soaked in the sun. Think I got burnt again haha.
Woooo finally in the state of Arizona! Only 114 miles to go! We've been on the road since 2:30. Does anyone know what the signs for "fresh oil" mean? I've been seeing the on the side of the road every now and again.
So happy to be home! I will, hopefully, not complain about the heat for at least the next week! Right now I'm trying to work out if my legs are browner haha and also what ride did I get the 2 bruises just above my elbows from.
Night xx
No comments:
Post a Comment