Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Semester in a Wet and Windy Week

It's been awhile since i've blogged and i do feel like i have let myself down. I said i was going to write one about 5 times before this week, now i've finally decided to sit down and write one!
In honor of the rain I decided to watch Poseidon :) I thought it seemed fitting.

I had to walk in the rain today, luckily I didn't get wet going to Math but on the way home the puddles in the street turned into a mini river. Needless to say my foot and bottom of my jeans got satcherated. Also I should mention I had an umbrella :) I was also able to wear my black trench coat.

This week classes started back up. I was super nervous Tuesday because i only had Math and i am super bad at it. Turns out we are starting at, like, kindergarten level maths - today we learnt about adding and subtracting. I'm being honest! Supposedly its going to get harder, and I hope so because I have it 4 days a week. I'm sitting at the middle table in the back with 2 guys, Eric and Sam. Eric is probably early 30s and Sam is my age. Yesterday this girl Lauren was sitting with us but she wasn't here today. I like Sam cos when he asked whereIi was from all he said was "All Blacks!!!" I was like "dude you rock!!" :) We should get along just fine.
Wednesday I had my 7:30am class which was Psych, I think i'm really going to enjoy that class. I didn't mind the early start and I picked a table with a fairly cute guy called Andy and Kimberley who said she's taking this class to hopefully get to know her teenage son better. Theres this other guy, Zack, who seems cute atm. :) Ha ha.
I also had my Public Speaking class on Wednesday at 10:30, I was surprised when I saw Doug waiting to go in as well. He was in my English 102 class this past semester! Unfortunately we were put in groups and he's not in mine, oh well. Theres actually a few cute guys in that class! I know one is called Skylar :) Unique name which is why i remember it.

Tomorrow I have Geology from 9am to 2:45pm... Long day for me. Hopefully we will get out early because the lecture ends at 11:45 and the lab doesn't start until 12pm but as it's the 1st day I doubt we will be doing anything else except going over the syllabus.

So, in my last blog i mentioned I was going to the doctors on Tuesday 12 to get my bloods drawn etc.. The bloods weren't as bad as I thought it would be, though when the results came back I found I have a slightly higher cholesterol than I should. Other than that everything is fine with me.

Since my last blog I had a movie night with RJ, we watched Invictus and Halloween 2. Admittedly I hid for pretty much all the scary parts but other than that Halloween 2 was okay. I didn't watch much of Invictus, I just couldn't get into it until the end where South Africa played NZ - then I was yelling at the TV. :) I should have picked Up In The Air with George Clooney but we can watch that next time. Oh, dad also insisted on meeting RJ before we left. It was awkward for me, he said it wasn't bad. No idea what dad thinks of him though, lol, doesn't actually matter. We're only friends. I love his mum and dad though, they are so much fun to chill with.

Nothing has changed on the job front either. I've lost count on how many places i've actually applied to though on Tuesday i filled out an online application for a part-time housekeeping job at The Marriott hotel which I would absolutely love to get! Talking to my (step) dad on Monday made me realize that I do want to work in the Travel & Tourism industry.

On Saturday 16 I had lunch with my dad, I knew what he wanted to talk about so I was able to have some answers already formed. He asked what I wanted to do in 1year and in 5years, where i saw myself career wise, job, University, etc.. Found out that I will be able to buy the car off dad for $500 when I get a job, will have to take out a loan but paying that back will give me credit and credit is everything here - good credit that is.
Dad and I went to, what I now like to call our place, The Codfather.. I had bangers and mash.. HEAVEN! I have not had that since mum last cooked it for me. I miss her cooking.
I also got to talk to my mummy!! She actually rang me. I was in shock that she did. It was good talking to her though, I miss her.

I went and saw Leap Year on Monday with Kelsey, Mel and 2 more friends of hers. Mel got me in for free because she works at that Harkins theatre. The movie was sooo freaking cute!! I posted this on Facebook after I got back home:

"Ah Leap Year was sooo cute!! Defo worth seeing it :) Plus that guy is wow. Hot! His accent... Mum, I think you should be worried if i go to Ireland :P"

And I stand by that.

On Monday I was also able to finish all 7 Harry Potter books :) I was sufficiently proud of myself. Ohh and i also bought The Half Blood Prince on Saturday.. I was driving past Walmart on my way home and I was like "I'm just gonna pop into Walmart" and I saw it and had to have it! Dad would have bought it but I had to get the special features whereas dad would just buy the movie.

Hayden's been making me jealous by sending me pictures of the snow he's getting. Dork. Told him to make me a snow angel today and pxt it to me, so far nothing. I also asked if he could build me a snowman.. Yep he didn't, though to be fair I think he was up the mountains skiing when i asked cos he said "It wasn't the right snow." I will continue asking though.

I think thats everything?
No doubt i will have missed certain things, but they were obviously not important enough to be included in todays blog.

1 comment:

  1. Geology rocks! haha

    Good to see things are moving on well with you. You're young, you don't have to make life-shattering decisions yet. But it is always good to have some sort of focus.

    I kind of fell into my career. Because from about age 14 I decided it was the only thing I was prepared to do.

    Good luck with the car, too.

    ReplyDelete